Every person must make an effort in going green these days, and not just the greens on our wallets but our environment as well. There is such a way as helping the environment while cutting the costs on our monthly bills. Some of these may sound too simple, that we often times undervalue it. That’s why the greens on our wallets keep eventually disappearing, sometimes we pay for unnecessary bills.
It may be partially true that some environment friendly products are not-so friendly with our wallets, but there’s a reason why, and why investing in them is a pretty good idea. So here are some simple tricks and tips on how to help you out:
1. Make us of microfiber towels instead of paper towels. They are cheaper and works as good as paper towels when it comes to household cleaning. microfiber towels are really good and sturdy plus they are reusable compared to paper towels.
2. Instead of eating out, cook at home. You can save fuel on your car, you get to control what you eat and avoid the temptation of ordering those scrumptious cholesterol and sodium packed meals. They are costly and unhealthy, all those styrofoams and plastics will just pile up in your garbage.
3. Add a touch of green to your home. We know that plants take in carbon dioxide and excrete oxygen. It makes your home look nicer and your air fresher. We have natural air cleaners around us, just by placing them a 100 square meters from your home can cleanse the air. Ionic purifiers are costly and yes, they lean the air but they also emit ozone which is a potential air pollutant.
4. Try air-drying your clothes. Instead of always letting the dryer do the work, let the sun help you out. The sun is a free natural source of heat and they can dry your laundry pretty well. Take your laundry out to see the sun, air dry them for a change.
5. Wash and reuse plastic. Instead of throwing all those plastic bags out after you use them, wash the, dry them and use them again. You can extend the life of plastic bags upto 10x by just washing them thoroughly. Plastic takes a long time to decompose and when it reaches the sea, can choke and kill sea creatures such as dolphins and turtles, which is just sad. Also improper disposal of these plastics can end up clogged in sewers contributing to floods.
6. Replace those old, worn out appliances with new ones, it’s time to change. Big appliances suck up much electricity and give out too much heat if unmaintained. You think you might be saving by keeping them instead of buying new ones, but they consume to almost 10x more the electricity just to keep running. So toss them or take them to the scrap yard and buy more efficient, power saving and environment friendly appliances.
Those are the 6 tips you can do to start saving on your bills while helping Mother Nature. It’s always best to go green these days. Why don’t you?
Article Source: http://www.abcarticledirectory.com
Save on your mobile phone bills! Get 500 minutes of calls and unlimited texts for only £10 per month! Check out Utility Warehouse’s cheapest mobile offers available now! Order your cheap sim today at => www.PiggyBankSaving.com
Still Searching? Last Chance to find what you’re looking for with a Google Custom Search!
Or…. You can search this site using our Bing Custom Search!
Did You Like/Dislike This Article? Give It YOUR Rating!
Please Rate this Article
5 out of 54 out of 53 out of 52 out of 51 out of 5
No Ratings Yet. Be The First To Rate This Article
Powered by Nuvio Templates