The whole world is going green. The going green campaign is one that has taken root in all parts of the world as a result of the growing concerns of environmental degradation. From social media to TV advertisements, every possible platform is being used to raise awareness on the horrifying situation we are currently in as far as the environmental care is concerned. There is cause to worry and you can find out why below:
Why Should We Care?
1. 70% of marine life risks extinction By 2100, a third of all species may be extinct
2. Between 15% and 20% of global methane emission comes from farm animals
3. Over 850 million trees are chopped each year 25,000 people die daily due to water contamination and shortage
4. 12,000 tons of carbon dioxide are added to the atmosphere every minute
5. 50 tons of productive soil are blown off and washed away from cropland every single minute
The list is endless and it's safe to say that we are living in a sorry state as far as our environment is concerned. Scientists tell us that at this rate, the ozone layer may be depleted to a point where life could be unsupported in just 200 years. This means that only microbial life will be around with higher life forms dying at a much faster rate. It's not just plants and animals that are at threat of extinction, but the human race as well.
Why Should We Protect The Environment? The answer for this is quite obvious; we have no other choice. The environment supports life and all components that we depend on for survival are provided via the environment. This means that our reproductive growth, development activities and civilization are all at the mercy of our environment.
Environment Care: Which Way Forward? While talking about the problem helps, what matters most is getting a solution and we do not need to depend on our governments or celebrities to endorse environmental care. There are two key things we can do to reduce our carbon footprint and these are:
1. Recycle: By recycling and using recyclable products, we reduce the number of landfills we have and the amount of pollution that goes into the air due to production and manufacturing. Can you believe that each ton of recycled paper actually saves 17 trees and 380 oil gallons? This just shows that we can indeed make a difference in our own small way.
2. Become Energy Efficient: There are many ways in which we can become energy efficient. For starters, we could move to alternative forms of energy. Solar and wind energy are not only feasible, but free. Energy efficiency can be achieved just by changing several things in our lifestyles, such as the way we utilize energy, the products we use every day and even the cars we drive.
A famous advocate for environmental care once said that if we are unkind to the environment, nature will not be kind to us. It's time we all played our part in environmental conservation.
Article Source: http://www.abcarticledirectory.com
Clifford Woods is the CEO of Organic Environmental Technology. See more info here: www.effens.com
We brew Beneficial Microorganisms that eat toxins in the environment and sell environmentally friendly products.
Still Searching? Last Chance to find what you're looking for with a Google Custom Search!
Or.... You can search this site using our Bing Custom Search!
Did You Like/Dislike This Article? Give It YOUR Rating!
Please Rate this Article
5 out of 54 out of 53 out of 52 out of 51 out of 5
No Ratings Yet. Be The First To Rate This Article
Powered by ABC Article Directory