A number of folks don't know the benefits of raising their very own chickens rather than other farm livestock. Listed below is a list of advantages of keeping chickens in your own farm.
- Chickens provide good nutrition's for your body and the eggs are good tasting as well. There is not any other bird that produces edible eggs like chickens. The eggs are in demand.
- It is very fascinating to watch chickens go about doing their thing because of their various personalities. No chicken behaviour are similar to another chicken, all of them are unique in their own way. Their colors, sizes and patterns are all different making it easy so that you can give them names.
- Raising chickens in your farm provides you with sustainable living. Keeping chickens in your yard does not limit you in living your own life and manage other things in your life.
- Hens make good garden pets as well since they make your garden substance free. Your garden will be free from chemicals because they turn it into fertilizer with the deposits. And when the chickens wonder around your garden they eat and eliminate a myriad of insects such as earwigs, worms, beetles, and so on.
- Since chickens are not choosey when it comes to eating, there is no need so that you can dispose your left overs because your chickens can eat them for you. This will also help you in saving bucks in buying chicken food. Nevertheless please keep in mind that garlic and onions aren't good for your chickens because they can affect the taste of the eggs.
- Seeing that chicken boo is very rich it can help balance your compost heap. The eggshells can also contribute in making the ground fertile and rich.
- If there's one bird that is low maintenance it's chickens. They can be feed once a day , nor need to be washed or taking for a walk. The single thing needed of you is to give them food, let them have water and acquire your eggs. Their bedding can be changed only once monthly.
- When ever you raise chickens you will be unique from your entire family and neighborhood friends. You can then make a little extra income by providing your chicken produce to your friends.
So once you have made up your mind in raising chickens just remember to acquire enough space for your chickens. The space can be measured by the number of chickens you are well prepared to raise. An advised space is 10sq.ft per chicken. If you have more space, then 2 to 4 sq ft per chicken can be ideal. Chickens also love hunting so a huge garden for them to hunt around is a good idea. These kinds of insects also give them extra nutrition's.
Beginners Guideline to Housing Your Own Healthy Chickens for Income or Pleasure
Managing your very own chickens requires a lot of planning and organization in order to be successful. Costly mistakes have to be avoided because your chickens can die and you could lose a lot of income in the process. The most important step to raising healthy profitable chickens is building the right chicken coop.
Preparation is required when building the right chicken house. The size and position of your chicken house plays in big role in the success of your chicken project. If the space is too little in the chicken house your chickens can face space constraint and this can lead to several of your chickens dying therefore.
Once starting out in building your chicken house you should make some correct measurements of your garden or space where you want your chickens to graze. The space in and out of the house must be enough to accommodate all of your chickens. It is a good idea as well to build a big house in case you want to add more chickens in the future.
The house you build should be in a safe location that is nearer to you and is in a site free from predators that can eat your hens. A good suggestion in keeping your chickens safe is by building a wired fencing around the coop. This kind of fence should be sufficient for predators not to jump in.
The house it self should be built in a way that sun rays can get inside and be well ventilated. In the event that you build the hen house this way you will make sure that your chickens find the right temperature needed for these to survive. The house may also be a protection to the chickens from extreme climate.
Building your own bird house is a smart decision if you are on a tight budget. But if you have some money to spend you can buy a hen house which is available on the industry. Only make sure choose the one which will go hand in hand with your chicken task. But you can always make some modifications to the house if necessary.
Article Source: http://www.abcarticledirectory.com
There's a lot more involved in rearing healthy chickens. A good start is to get your own chickens, but before you do that get our complete guide on how to raise chickens to avoid costly mistakes.
Alternatively if you are interested in livestock farming and want to raise different types of livestock such as goats, sheep, cows, domestic swine, chickens, ducks, rabbits and horses then look into getting a copy of the one and only guide for how to raise livestock in a farm here: GuideToProfitableLivestock.Com
Still Searching? Last Chance to find what you're looking for with a Google Custom Search!
Or.... You can search this site using our Bing Custom Search!
Did You Like/Dislike This Article? Give It YOUR Rating!
Please Rate this Article
5 out of 54 out of 53 out of 52 out of 51 out of 5
No Ratings Yet. Be The First To Rate This Article
Powered by ABC Article Directory