"Whose cow is that?"
"Well, let's take a closer look. Oh, looks like it's old Bubba Mill's cow; it's got a big BM sizzled on its rear."
There you go -- all summed up in a few words -- branding is all about identity. And for Realtors today (as it was for ranchers), it's vital because there are so many of you out there and you have to let people know whose cow is yours.
Branding is also more complicated than a swift, blistering poke with a hot iron. The internet -- with websites, social media, mobile technology, etc. -- has added layer upon layer of added to-dos to your marketing to-do list.
The digital age has drastically changed how people learn about real estate and how they make purchasing and listing decisions. Now most consumers with real estate needs start their search with the Web -- reading websites, blogs, reviews, articles, etc. -- so they're less likely to believe you're the best Realtor just because you say you are. Plus, consumers are now much more likely to ignore traditional, interruption-based marketing messages.
So how can you brand more effectively in this complex digital age and let people know which cow is yours? Well, fire up your branding iron because here are five tips you can start using today:
1. Accept, and become a student of, the digital world -- First and foremost you have to accept we live in a digital world now. Practically all consumers get most of their information online. Traditional media now supports digital, not vice versa. The more you learn about digital marketing communications, the better you'll be at not o only promoting yourself, but also your clients.
2. Forget the push and remember the pull -- The old world of branding was all about pushing information to prospects. Now it's all about pulling. By that I mean consumers want valuable information, not volumes of information. So think of pulling consumers towards you with content that's useful and practical -- information they may not easily find online. Before you send anything out or post to your website or social media, ask if a potential buyer or seller would find this information valuable. If not, trash it.
3. Know that your website is integral to your brand -- Now more than ever, your website is the first sizzle of your brand online. When people learn your name, where will they turn? The newspaper? The yellow pages (what are those, anyway?)? No, of course not. They'll visit your website to learn more about you. Any money you put into your website to make it more appealing, educational, interactive and persuasive will be money well spent. And beyond your site, adopt and use other online media -- blogs, e-mail, social media, e-newsletters, etc. -- and give them all the same look and feel with your design and copy.
4. Appreciate and capitalize on the mobile revolution -- Yes, I said revolution. That's a strong word, but in this instance, it fits. Wherever you are right now, if there are people around, look at what they're doing. Yep, looking at their phone. The phone is quickly replacing TVs, desktops, laptops, tablets, I-pads, books -- everything but the kitchen sink. What's this mean? All your digital communications better work on mobile devices.
5. Adopt lightning-quick responses -- One reason digital communications has caught on is that it's efficient, but it's also fast. That means your responses to inquiries have to be fast. Digital communication is also much more about customer experiences and interactions. Think about all the places where a potential client might interact with you: your e-mail, your website, your Facebook -- and then develop a strategy to engage them from those touch points.
Article Source: http://www.abcarticledirectory.com
Bubba Mills is CEO of Corcoran Consulting and Coaching Inc. (800-957-8353), an international consulting and coaching company that specializes in performance coaching and the implementation of sound business systems for residential REALTORs, mortgage brokers and real estate companies.
Still Searching? Last Chance to find what you're looking for with a Google Custom Search!
Or.... You can search this site using our Bing Custom Search!
Did You Like/Dislike This Article? Give It YOUR Rating!
Please Rate this Article
5 out of 54 out of 53 out of 52 out of 51 out of 5
No Ratings Yet. Be The First To Rate This Article
Powered by ABC Article Directory