Using the iCloud or the option of iTunes for taking backup of your iDevice is the best that you can do. However, it is often that you are not able to get through the process as it seems complicated or hard to carry on.
If you know your way through the iTunes and iCloud, then things become easy for you. It is all about working your way through it and finding the easy way to carry on with the process. Given here are easy steps to take backup on your iPhone and iPad.
Choosing a solution
When you are looking for the iPhone backup or iPad backup solution, you can use the help of iCloud. It serves as an automatic backup solution and ensures that your content remains there until you decide to restore it. You can use the iCloud service through Wi-Fi for restoring your content without having to use a PC or your Mac. Additionally, the service is an excellent solution for times when you do not have any support or a backup for your device like a desktop.
Another way is that of using iTunes for your iPad backup or iPhone backup. It comes handy to those who do not have the account for cloud service or do not want to use the online service. Additionally, you will have an on-site backup solution readily available at your disposal.
It is up to you to decide which one do you want to opt depending on your backup needs
If you have opted for iCloud, then you get the benefit of automatic content backup. Apply the following steps:
• Go to Settings-> iCloud-> Backup
• If you are running iPhone on iOS 7 or earlier version then go to Settings-> iCloud-> Storage & Backup
• Tap the option of ‘iCloud backup’ to enable the option
• Tap the option of ‘Back Up now’ if you want to initiate backup
When you have enabled the option of iCloud all your content will be backed up automatically. It is the same option where you can return to check for the last backup.
If you opt to purchase a new iOS device, then you will require restoring your data. The option comes handy even at times when you have set your iPhone to default status. At this time you need to get back all your data. You can use the iCloud for data restoration, and then apply the following steps:
• When you power on your device you will be greeted with a Hello screen
• Automatic command prompts will appear for setting up iOS Setup Assistant to lead you to Set Up screen
• In the menu of iCloud Backup, select the option of Restore
• Select the option of backup to initiate the process
Using the Setup Assistant of iOS you can choose to erase the data by choosing Settings-> General-> Reset-> Erase all content and Settings. All the content on your device will be wiped off and removed.
Following steps can be used to take a backup using iTunes:
• First you need to ensure that you are using the latest version of iTunes
• Connect your iDevcie to the system
• Make sure your computer has the latest version of iTunes
• Connect your device to your computer
• Go to File-> Devices-> Back up
Another easy way to take a backup of your device is to sync it to your desktop. It is essential as you should have a backup before you initiate the process of synchronizing.
You need to check for the backup process, in the iTunes, go to Preferences-> Devices. The name of your device will be displayed in the list along with the date and time when the backup was created.
Using iTunes for content restore
Use the following tips to restore your content on your iOS device with iTunes:
• Connect your iPad or your iPhone to your desktop system
• Ensure you have the latest version of iTunes if not then install the latest version
• Connect your device to the computer that has your backup
• Go to File->Devices->Restore from Backup
The methods of restoring content and taking a backup are easy to apply. After knowing all about the backup solution for your iDevice, it is worth mentioning that your content is safe with any of the methods. You will be able to retrieve content or save a fresh copy of your content without any hassle.
Article Source: http://www.abcarticledirectory.com
Brooke M. Perry is an ardent technician associated with Qresolve online tablet support, with wide experience of fixing issues with PCs, laptops, tablets and smartphones. With a strong track record of devising effective ways of online laptop support and system security, she has so far helped thousands of users across the globe.
Still Searching? Last Chance to find what you’re looking for with a Google Custom Search!
Or…. You can search this site using our Bing Custom Search!
Did You Like/Dislike This Article? Give It YOUR Rating!
Please Rate this Article
5 out of 54 out of 53 out of 52 out of 51 out of 5
No Ratings Yet. Be The First To Rate This Article
Powered by Nuvio Templates