This month is National Piano Month and what better way to celebrate than with some inspiring piano quotes? The ability to make a piano come to life is an art form that few ever truly master. These 12 piano quotes sum it up beautifully.
1. "No other acoustic instrument can match the piano's expressive range, and no electric instrument can match its mystery." ~ Kenneth Miller
2. "The piano is the social instrument par excellence... drawing-room furniture, a sign of bourgeois prosperity, the most massive of the devices by which the young are tortured in the name of education and the grown-up in the name of entertainment." ~ Jacques Barzun
3. "The piano is able to communicate the subtlest universal truths by means of wood, metal and vibrating air." ~ Kenneth Miller
4. "One man gets nothing but discord out of a piano; another gets harmony. No one claims the piano is at fault." ~ Author Unknown
5. "I've never felt anything that moves me as much as my piano. I'm an emotional player. I don't really like people. I prefer my piano to people. It's totally reliable and it's alive. I can hear what it's saying." ~ Tori Amos
6. "When you play music you discover a part of yourself that you never knew existed." ~ Bill Evans
7. "Film music should have the same relationship to the film drama that somebody's piano playing in my living room has on the book I am reading." ~ Igor Stravinsky
8. "To play without passion is inexcusable!" ~ Ludwig van Beethoven
9. "Simplicity is the final achievement. After one has played a vast quantity of notes and more notes, it is simplicity that emerges as the crowning reward of art." ~ Frederic Chopin
10. "I sit down to the piano regularly at nine-o'clock in the morning and Mesdames les Muses have learned to be on time for that rendezvous." ~ Pyotr Ilich Tchaikovsky
11. "Pianos are such noble instruments - they're either upright or grand." ~ Author Unknown
12. "It is wonderful how soon a piano gets into a log-hut on the frontier. You would think they found it under a pine-stump. With it comes a Latin grammar, and one of those tow-head boys has written a hymn on Sunday. Now let colleges, now let senates take heed! for here is one who, opening these fine tastes on the basis of the pioneer's iron constitution, will gather all their laurels in his strong hands." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
So whether you play for fun or play for passion, meet with the keys every day or just dust them off when company comes over, let's take a moment to remember the importance of the piano in our history and in our daily lives. These twelve piano quotes are a wonderful way to do so.
Article Source: http://www.abcarticledirectory.com
For more music quotes, check out the popular music quotes section at Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.
Related Videos on Arts
Did You Like/Dislike This Article? Give It YOUR Rating!
Please Rate this Article
5 out of 54 out of 53 out of 52 out of 51 out of 5
No Ratings Yet. Be The First To Rate This Article
Still Searching? Last Chance to find what you're looking for with a Google Custom Search!
Or.... You can search this site using our Bing Custom Search!
Powered by ABC Article Directory