Stephen King is one of the most famous writers on the face of the earth, and these 19 Stephen King quotes are a glimpse into the twisted mind of this master writer. Let these famous quotes ring in the September birthday of this genius.
1. "Fiction is the truth inside the lie."
2. "People want to know why I do this, why I write such gross stuff. I like to tell them I have the heart of a small boy... and I keep it in a jar on my desk."
3. "The most important things are the hardest things to say. They are the things you get ashamed of because words diminish your feelings - words shrink things that seem timeless when they are in your head to no more than living size when they are brought out."
4. "Time takes it all whether you want it to or not, time takes it all. Time bares it away, and in the end there is only darkness. Sometimes we find others in that darkness, and sometimes we lose them there again."
5. "The place where you made your stand never mattered. Only that you were there...and still on your feet."
6. "It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost."
7. "Oh yes, we all float - and when you're down here with us, you'll float too!"
8. "The thing under my bed waiting to grab my ankle isn't real. I know that, and I also know that if I'm careful to keep my foot under the covers, it will never be able to grab my ankle."
9. "You can't deny laughter; when it comes, it plops down in your favorite chair and stays as long as it wants."
10. "Any word you have to hunt for in a thesaurus is the wrong word. There are no exceptions to this rule."
11. "I'm not a big fan of psychoanalysis: I think if you have mental problems what you need are good pills."
12. "If you don't have the time to read, you don't have the time or the tools to write."
13. "We fall from womb to tomb, from one blackness and toward another, remembering little of the one and knowing nothing of the other ... except through faith."
14. "Sorry is the Kool-Aid of human emotions. It's what you say when you spill a cup of coffee or throw a gutterball when you're bowling with the girls in the leage. True sorrow is as rare as true love."
15. "No one ever does live happily ever after, but we leave the children to find that out for themselves."
16. "Life is not a support system for art. It is the other way around."
17. "The trust of the innocent is the liar's most useful tool."
18. "Each life makes its own immitation of immortality."
19. "Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Whether you think he's a genius or just plain odd, you have to admit he's a talented writer. If you've ever wondered how someone with such a twisted imagination thinks, hopefully these Stephen King quotes have shed a bit of light (or darkness) on it.
Article Source: http://www.abcarticledirectory.com
For more famous quotes, check out the popular famous quotes section at Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.
Related Videos on Arts
Did You Like/Dislike This Article? Give It YOUR Rating!
Please Rate this Article
5 out of 54 out of 53 out of 52 out of 51 out of 5
No Ratings Yet. Be The First To Rate This Article
Still Searching? Last Chance to find what you're looking for with a Google Custom Search!
Or.... You can search this site using our Bing Custom Search!
Powered by ABC Article Directory