Barbara Walters is known for being a good talker, so it's no wonder that Barbara Walters quotes are so popular. Whether she's talking about value and self-worth or the philosophy of life, Barbara Walters quotes always prove to be both enlightening and entertaining. Here are 25 Barbara Walters quotes in honor of her September 25th birthday.
1. "Success can make you go one of two ways. It can make you a prima donna - or it can smooth the edges, take away the insecurities, let the nice things come out."
2. "Wait for those unguarded moments. Relax the mood and, like the child dropping off to sleep, the subject often reveals his truest self."
3. "It's a fact that it is much more comfortable to be in the position of the person who has been offended than to be the unfortunate cause of it."
4. "Parents of young children should realize that few people, and maybe no one, will find their children as enchanting as they do."
5. "Don't confuse being stimulating with being blunt."
6. "The world may be full of fourth-rate writers but it's also full of fourth-rate readers."
7. "All of the religions - with the exception of Tibetan Buddhism, which doesn't believe in a heaven - teach that heaven is a better place. At the end of the program, I say that heaven is a place where you are happy. All of the religions have that in common."
8. "Deep breaths are very helpful at shallow parties."
9. "I can get a better grasp of what is going on in the world from one good Washington dinner party than from all the background information NBC piles on my desk."
10. "I found it interesting that as people become more technically oriented all over the world, at the same time people are becoming increasingly spiritual. The success of the Da Vinci Code - even though it was a great yawn - also showed people's interest in religion."
11. "One may walk over the highest mountain one step at a time."
12. "To feel valued, to know, even if only once in a while, that you can do a job well is an absolutely marvelous feeling."
13. "New York is a galaxy of adventure at once elegant, exciting and bizarre. It's a city that moves so fast, it takes energy just to stand still."
14. "A great many people think that polysyllables are a sign of intelligence."
15. "I was the kind nobody thought could make it. I had a funny Boston accent. I couldn't pronounce my R's. I wasn't a beauty."
16. "I was a personality before I became a person."
17. "Trust your gut."
18. "A woman can do anything. She can be traditionally feminine and that's all right; she can work, she can stay at home; she can be aggressive; she can be passive; she can be any way she wants with a man. But whenever there are the kinds of choices there are today, unless you have some solid base, life can be frightening."
19. "A man cannot be made comfortable without his own approval."
20. "The sports page records people's accomplishments, the front page usually records nothing, but man's failures."
21. "I find very often people like to confront rumors. It depends on how much they trust you. And you have to have a line between what is tasteful and what isn't."
22. "Most attractive males talk to most attractive women as if they were Rotarians comparing sales percentages in Des Moines."
23. "Motherhood is tough. If you just want a wonderful little creature to love, you can get a puppy."
24. "I'd had it. Right on the air, in front of 10 million people, I said, 'Mr. Beatty, you are the most impossible interview I have ever had...'"
25. "Show me someone who never gossips, and I will show you someone who is not interested in people."
Barbara Walters is many things -- wise, successful, famous, personable... The list goes on. That may be why so many people listen when Barbara talks. These 25 Barbara Walters quotes are perfect examples of the wisdom she so often speaks.
Article Source: http://www.abcarticledirectory.com
For more success quotes, check out the popular success quotes section at Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.
Still Searching? Last Chance to find what you're looking for with a Google Custom Search!
Or.... You can search this site using our Bing Custom Search!
Did You Like/Dislike This Article? Give It YOUR Rating!
Please Rate this Article
5 out of 54 out of 53 out of 52 out of 51 out of 5
No Ratings Yet. Be The First To Rate This Article
Powered by ABC Article Directory