Breast augmentation is one of the most common cosmetic surgeries in the world, and advancements are being made in the field each year. In addition to new surgical techniques, new implant devices are coming out as well. One of the most popular new options for women interested in breast augmentation surgery are silicone gel, and there are several reasons why they're worth considering. Below are the Top 7:
1. Silicone gel implants are safe. Silicone implants, which are also called cohesive gel implants, have been used since the early 1960s, but were banned in 1992 due to concerns about the possibility of silicone leaking into the body. Since then, manufacturers have made drastic improvements to the materials that are found in silicone breast implants today.
2. The FDA also says that these are safe. You don't just have to take our word for it! Study after study has shown that the new version of implants is safe. Daniel Schultz, M.D., Director, Center for Devices and Radiological Health, FDA, had this to say in the press release sent out by the FDA: "The FDA has reviewed an extensive amount of data from clinical trials of women studied for up to four years, as well as a wealth of other information to determine the benefits and risks of these products. The extensive body of scientific evidence provides reasonable assurance of the benefits.of these devices."
3. There's a big difference between old silicone and new silicone gel. The biggest difference between the two is that silicone gel won't leak. This is because the silicone strands in the newer models are cross-linked, creating a gel that is so thick that it won't leak, even when the implant is cut. Some German studies even go so far as to suggest that the environment required for leakage isn't possible to create in a living human.
4. New cohesive silicone gel implants look better than their saline counterparts. Saline wrinkle and fold much easier than silicone implants, which can have affect the way the actual breasts look and feel. Silicone gel implants, on the other hand, look and feel more "natural" than anything else available on the market.
5. Silicone gel feels like the real thing. There's a reason silicone gel implants, are referred to as "gummy bear implants" - it's because the material inside them has a similar consistency. These breast implants are form stable, which means that they'll always hold their shape. No matter how many times the implants are handled or squeezed, they'll always immediately revert back to their original shape.
6. The satisfaction rate for silicone gel implants is really high. Some manufacturers of saline implants report re-operation rates as high as 40 percent. The only advantage saline has over silicone is size: anything larger than a D cup doesn't look natural when the breast implants are filled with silicone gel.
7. Saline breast implants have a silicone casing. Even saline implants are encased in silicone, which is what comes into contact with the rest of the body. No matter which type of breast implants consumers choose to go with, there is no way to go 100 percent silicone-free.
Article Source: http://www.abcarticledirectory.com
Daniel Golshani, M.D., F.A.C.S. is a double board certified beverly hills plastic surgeon, specializing in numerous cosmetic procedures such as breast surgery in Beverly Hills. He has extensive knowledge, experience, and training in all disciplines of plastic and reconstructive surgery.
Related Videos on Beauty
Did You Like/Dislike This Article? Give It YOUR Rating!
Please Rate this Article
5 out of 54 out of 53 out of 52 out of 51 out of 5
No Ratings Yet. Be The First To Rate This Article
Still Searching? Last Chance to find what you're looking for with a Google Custom Search!
Or.... You can search this site using our Bing Custom Search!
Powered by ABC Article Directory