Ever go to a restaurant with your significant other for a nice romantic meal but it doesn't quite turn out that way? You look at the menu, you're trying to find something to order, and then you hear this really loud voice from the table next to you?
You start to eavesdrop and you are trying not to but the guy's voice at the other table is soooo loud. This guy is a total talker. He is going on and on about nothing, and he doesn't stop for the entire meal. So annoying! You can't even concentrate and find something to order!
Concentration and focus is so huge in business too…
Do you ever feel like you need to get away from the office to get work done? Your employees sometimes distract you. The phone never stops ringing. (I know that's a good thing.) Or it's just too hard for you not to check email. Ever feel like you are in reactive mode rather than proactive mode?
In business, sometimes you need time to get away and be by yourself. You need some peace and quiet. Yes, you need days off to rejuvenate. But this time, I am talking about taking time away from the office to strategize.
I believe you are supposed to break free of your current plateau in your biz.
Want a game changer? You need to block time. I am not talking 2 or 3 hours. I am talking days. (You can even start with just 1 day.) Take yourself off the grid. Go AWOL. No email, no phone calls, no Facebook, nothing. It's time for you to just do your strategy and then implement the strategy as well.
Some of this time you may need to share with your team. During this time, you need to make sure that you have enough support and help to service your clients and customers while you are off the grid.
In the beginning, blocking days is going to be challenging. The question is, how are you going to show up and meet this challenge? Do it to take your business to the next level. Do it to make more money. Do it so the money can pay for your personal goals.
Here's my list of strategic stuff you can do on your block-out-time days:
• Identify new promotional partners for you to align yourself with. Reach out to them.
• Systems. Create an operations manual.
• Taxes. Call your CPA to create a plan for you to pay taxes throughout the year so you don't get a tax surprise in April.
• Pricing and product choices. Do you need to revise your pricing? Are you giving your peeps enough choices to buy? Do you have a premium product/service offering?
• Technology. Leverage this to automate more things in your business. Upgrade your computers, get better software, Google CRM software and see what software you can use to be more productive.
• Write 5 blog posts for the next 5 weeks.
• List 4 things you can farm out to people on elance.com. Then farm them out. This is huge for me.
• Do some market research. Create a survey to learn something new that will result in more biz.
• Listen to your customers to see what else you can offer them.
• Read an entire business book that you just haven't had the time to read.
• Create a social media plan for your business.
Start your block days with meditation, a walk, protein, and all of that good stuf. Let yourself think rather than just react. Let your ideas and thoughts come to you. You will have more clarity on what you should be doing.
Use these days to reconnect to what is meaningful for you - all of those business projects that you wish you had the time for. Enjoy the journey. You will feel great.
Article Source: http://www.abcarticledirectory.com
Justin Krane is a certified financial planner who has helped countless entrepreneurs create a bigger vision for their businesses by showing them how to identify and meet goals for increasing revenue. Go now to kranefinancialsolutions.com to get your free financial financial toolkit and you'll also receive a free audio CD on increasing your business revenue.
Related Videos on Business
Did You Like/Dislike This Article? Give It YOUR Rating!
Please Rate this Article
5 out of 54 out of 53 out of 52 out of 51 out of 5
No Ratings Yet. Be The First To Rate This Article
Still Searching? Last Chance to find what you're looking for with a Google Custom Search!
Or.... You can search this site using our Bing Custom Search!
Powered by ABC Article Directory