Changing of Web hosting service provider can be difficult because of many reasons. An individual or companies want to change hosting company because current hosting company may not be providing enough disk storage space or bandwidth or customer service may not be up to the mark.
Changing of Web Hosting Service Providers is very complex and daunting task. You can make it simply and easy, if you keep few things in mind. Keep your hosting account active, until you move complete account to new hosting provider.
Keep in mind while choosing web hosting provider:-
* Type of Server operating system: - Two mainly used operating system in IT industry. One is windows and another is Linux. Choose the operating system which suits to you.
* Disk space and Bandwidth: You should check how much bandwidth and disk space is provided to you and offered disk space and bandwidth will fulfill your requirements. You should think for another two three year at the time of purchase.
* Budget: Web hosting provider you are looking at should be in your budget and must have good reviews, when we talk about support. Since IT industry is a service, so website hosting provider should be good in providing services to its customer.
* Programming Language and Database: You must check the Programming Language and Database offered to you. You must also check for version of offered Programming Language and Databases. This is very important step, always keep it in mind.
Step required when you are migrating from current website hosting provider to new one are as follows:
* Back Up: It is very important to take back up of everything, so that if you discontinue from current website hosting provider, you have back up of whole hosting.
* Set Hosting account: Set up a new hosting account in your newly purchased hosting. Make sure, you have added the entire domain in it, which were hosted in old hosting.
* Set up email: Make a list of email accounts which were present in old hosting account. Add all those emails in newly purchased hosting. Do not forget any email account.
* DNS changes and propagation: Change the DNS of each domain. When you register a domain with Domain Registrar, you have one option of set up you DNS entries. DNS is just like a telephone directory, without these entries, web browser will not able to find IP of your domain. DNS take around 24 to 48 in updating. Change the exiting DNS entries with new DNS entries provided by your new hosting service provider entries. In next 24 to 48 hours, your domain will be route to new server which you have started renting recently.
* Cancel old account: When you complete migrated to new server. It is time to cancel old hosting provider account. Email old providers that you are canceling his services.
We have guided you complete process, through which you can migrate from one hosting provider to new hosting provider with any problem. Thank you for reading our article.
Article Source: http://www.abcarticledirectory.com
Best website server, Best windows server hosting, Reseller Hosting, Windows Reseller Hosting
Still Searching? Last Chance to find what you're looking for with a Google Custom Search!
Or.... You can search this site using our Bing Custom Search!
Did You Like/Dislike This Article? Give It YOUR Rating!
Please Rate this Article
5 out of 54 out of 53 out of 52 out of 51 out of 5
No Ratings Yet. Be The First To Rate This Article
Powered by ABC Article Directory