When it comes to body odor, letís be realistic; guys are not the fairer gender. And now that summer is finally here, that means even more heat, even more sweat and, of course, even more stink. Obviously, a well-timed shower and a good antiperspirant/deodorant can go a long way toward reducing the stink factor. But what about that funky smell coming from down there? Most guys donít know it, but the most hygienic guys might not be doing enough with their male organ care routine to manage that tell-tale aroma.
What causes male organ odor?
There are many reasons a guy might have a smelly Johnson. Obviously, poor hygiene is one of them, but even a guy who showers multiple times a day can end up with a stink factor of 10 if he is not careful. The male organ area itself is, simply put, a breeding ground for odor-causing bacteria. The hot, moist area that doesnít see the light of day - or get a lot of air circulating through the region - is the perfect environment for bacteria to grow. Add extra hot weather, the sun beating down, or a sweaty workout, and the heat and perspiration quantity increase ten-fold, making it the perfect storm to create a wicked odor.
Not only can male organ odor make a guy feel self-conscious, it can also bring his love life to a screeching halt. After all, what girl wants to be intimately acquainted with her manís stinky junk? But rest assured, guys, that doesnít mean no girl will ever go down there again; it just means it is time to step it up a bit and beat the stink
Stopping odor in its tracks
Nobody wants to bring an offensive odor with him wherever he goes - least of all to the bedroom. Guys hoping to remain fresh should follow this simple list of doís and doníts to keep the nether regions smelling clean and fresh. A few simple tweaks of the daily routine will keep the bacteria and the odor away.
- Do shower daily, using a gentle, non-irritating soap on the area.
- Donít skip showers because it didnít seem like a "sweaty day." Itís still there - wash it!
- Do gently retract the foreskin and wash thoroughly under it with water - it is a haven for bacteria, and therefore very smelly.
- Donít skip the foreskin and just leave it for next time.
- Do shower and rinse off after exercising or swimming, especially in a natural body of water. Even if that makes the second, or third shower of the day, certain activities generate more bacteria than others, which ups the stink factor.
- Donít use colognes, perfumes, deodorant sticks or sprays on the male organ - hello burning and possible infection!
- Do keep hair trimmed and short to reduce bacteria and odor.
- Donít sit around in damp gym shorts or wet swimming trunks, as both cause irritation and generate bacteria and fungal spores (think jock itch).
- Do wear loose, breathable fabrics that allow airflow, especially while working out.
- Donít wear tight fitting "skinny" jeans that trap heat in the area.
- Do shower after intimacy, every time, Ďnuff said.
- Donít get an extra day out of laundry by flipping boxers or briefs inside out - thatís gross. Even a poor college guy needs to wash his undies.
- Do use a daily male organ vitamin formula (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil) containing vitamin A. While most people know this vitamin as a skin care product, it actually has antibacterial properties, as well, meaning that a male organ lotion containing vitamin A can actually help eliminate bacteria and the nasty odor it brings with it. It is the perfect anti-stink ingredient for any guy to have in his arsenal. Simply apply after the daily shower and remain fresher all day long.
Article Source: http://www.abcarticledirectory.com
Visit www.man1health.com for more information about treating common male organ health problems, including soreness, redness and loss of male organ sensation. John Dugan is a professional writer who specializes in men's health issues and is an ongoing contributing writer to numerous online web sites.
Still Searching? Last Chance to find what you're looking for with a Google Custom Search!
Or.... You can search this site using our Bing Custom Search!
Did You Like/Dislike This Article? Give It YOUR Rating!
Please Rate this Article
5 out of 54 out of 53 out of 52 out of 51 out of 5
No Ratings Yet. Be The First To Rate This Article
Powered by ABC Article Directory