ABC Article Directory banner displaying blue butterfly logo. Click to go directly to the main Homepage

E-Book Publishing Using Amazon's DTP Facility

     Do you, like so many other people, have the ambition to publish a book of your own? It could be a great novel that you've had tucked away for years - or maybe a collection of poetry or short stories.

If any of the above apply to you then you may be interested to know that, not only there plenty of other people who share your ambition, but that the available publishing options are increasing daily. It has never been so easy to publish a book. Not only is it easier but it is also cheaper - and there are now options available which are one hundred percent free. As a matter of fact, if your book sells, you might even make some money.

For example, Amazon are a company who apart from being very successful, have a strong Association with books and reading. When they launched the original Amazon website in 1995, the way that many people bought books changed dramatically.

Later, in 2007, when Amazon launched the original Kindle e-book reader, the way that people read books also began to change. The subsequent release of the enhanced Kindle 2, quickly followed by the large display Kindle DX in 2009, ensured that e-book readers became accepted by the public and, although still fairly new, the market for both e-book readers and e-books began to grow exponentially.

One of the most important factors in the Kindle's success - apart from the fact that it was an extremely well designed piece of hardware - was the large amount of Kindle books which were available for the Kindle users to choose from. Currently there are more than 400,000 Kindle books available on the Amazon website - and this number is growing at an average rate of 500 everyday.

In addition to changing the manner in which books are bought, delivered and read, the Kindle reader gives would-be authors the opportunity to have their work published and showcased by the world's largest book seller. Having your book published in Kindle format is simple, fast and free. What's more - so long as you fix the price of your book at the value between $1 and $9.99, Amazon will take no more than 30% of the sales price leaving 70% for you (minus a very small the lovely free - usually no more than a few cents depending upon how many kilobytes your book takes up).

Before you can publish your book, you will require your own Amazon account. This is free - in fact, if you've ever bought anything from Amazon's website then you already have your own free account and login. With your account in place, all you have to do is to format your book and upload it to Amazon's website. One very easy way to achieve this is to format your book using Microsoft Word and then to save it in HTML format. This option can be found by selecting "save as" from the file menu. Other methods exist, but using Word is one of the easiest. Choosing a suitably attractive illustration for the cover of your book is also a good idea. This wil help to make your book more attractive to prospective buyers. This is also easy to do, simply upload your selected image to the Amazon site and you're done. After that, you just need to fill in a few fields, choose a good title for your book, set your price - and you will be a published author!

Article Source:

Discover more about the Amazon Kindle e-book reader and have a look the broad range of Kindle accessories on offer to help you personalise your new reader.

Posted on 2010-05-01, By: *

* Click on the author's name to view their profile and articles!!!

Note: The content of this article solely conveys the opinion of its author.

Animated RSS Symbol for the ABC Article Directory rss category feed ... Get Every New Publishing Article Delivered Instantly!

Facebook Comments

" data-width="470" data-num-posts="10">

Cartoon image of a figure holding a magnifying glass looking for articles in the ABC Article Directory

Still Searching? Last Chance to find what you're looking for with a Google Custom Search!

Custom Search

Or.... You can search this site using our Bing Custom Search!


Did You Like/Dislike This Article? Give It YOUR Rating!

Please Rate this Article

No Ratings Yet. Be The First To Rate This Article

/EDF Publishing. All rights reserved. Script Services by: Sustainable Website Design
Use of our free service is protected by our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service | Contact Us

User published content is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License
Increase your website traffic with

Valid CSS!


Powered by ABC Article Directory