There are many reasons as to why we like to have relationships. Being in a healthy relationship and being close to someone means we can share our life with them; this makes us feel loved cherished, and appreciated. It is also great for our mind, body and soul. The purpose of having a relationship is so that we can express love and be loved back. It is also a great way to have company, be around someone who can share our beliefs and motivate us. There are many other reasons why happy and successful relationships are wonderful to have; we all need a shoulder to cry on, someone to talk to and to be looked after.
A relationship does not only have to be with a husband or wife, girlfriend or boyfriend. It can also be between family, friends, co-workers and even pets! We all experience relationship problems and issues at some point in our lives. Many of us have had unsuccessful relationships which have only made us stronger and more able to choose a better partner for ourselves, or deal with situations differently. Mistakes are lessons learned and we always have the opportunity to grow and become a better person.
Relationship breakdowns are not always easy to deal with and this one of the main reasons we feel down and feel depressed. It is also very difficult to get over a relationship breakdown and there are many reasons as to why relationships fail. Some reasons are more serious than others. People and couples also argue all the time but this does not mean that the relationship is failing; sometimes it is healthy to have a few disagreements here and there because it allows an individual to work on their behaviour, as well as improve communication skills and compromise.
The most important thing we need to do is maintain our relationships and keep them happy and healthy because being with someone doesnít just mean you get to share living expenses, splitting the bills, going on dates and being intimate. It requires hard work, perseverance and a sincere heart. This article will suggest how relationships can be kept happy and healthy in order to prevent unnecessary arguments, heartbreaks and disappointments.
- Communication. Always make sure that you are able to communicate properly with your significant other half or person you have a relationship with. Communicating well means that you always talk about your problems openly with respect. Make sure that you always tell your partner that you love them and express how much you need them. Never suffer in silence.
- Spend time together. You may live with your partner, but a relationship requires spending some quality time with each other. This could mean going on dates, dinners, parties and just generally enjoying their company; it does not have to be expensive. Walks in the park, exploring woodland and coffee trips are inexpensive ways to spend time without breaking the bank.
- Show your love. This does not just mean showering your partner with gifts (although it is great to do), and donít wait for Valentineís Day! You can express your love by making sacrifices to spend time with them, be willing to support them at times of need.
- Have an open heart. Take time out to listen to your partner if they are experiencing any stress. Be open-minded and know that your partner may have his or her own difficulties to deal with and it is your responsibility to be supportive.
- Plan a future together. Make sure that you and your partner have the same goals and aspirations in life and then plan to complete them together. Talk about marriage and having children, buying a house and being fully committed to each other.
These are only a few ways you can maintain a healthy relationship and of course there many more methods that have not been mentioned.
Article Source: http://www.abcarticledirectory.com
If you are experiencing relationship problems and need some advice and guidance on how you can improve or solve your problems, you can ask relationship questions online and get the help you need. You can also answer relationship questions and advise other members of the community.
Still Searching? Last Chance to find what you're looking for with a Google Custom Search!
Or.... You can search this site using our Bing Custom Search!
Did You Like/Dislike This Article? Give It YOUR Rating!
Please Rate this Article
5 out of 54 out of 53 out of 52 out of 51 out of 5
No Ratings Yet. Be The First To Rate This Article
Powered by ABC Article Directory