Desperately looking for free living room decorating ideas to give the small, contemporary living room space in your home an inspired makeover? Well, you are not alone. The world of interior design has always displayed a traditional inclination towards decoration and decor improvement. And the interesting use of paint colours, like an ethereal combination of red and white, is just one of many ways of decorating on a budget to make a cold, formal and uninspiring space seem more welcoming. Luscious furnishings, stylish Italian furniture like tables, sofas and chairs, innovative lighting or even classic embellishments to the fireplace or ceiling of a country living room are the innumerable design elements. Moreover, these sizzling ideas can make not only the living room, but also other spaces like the kitchen and bedrooms look simply outstanding.
Living It Up
Think only Wordsworth displayed poetic eloquence? Well, just look at the grace and lyricism with which you have created the exceptionally fluent tone of your living room, and you know you have a masterpiece at hand. The furniture, the fabrics and the fittings - every aspect has been chosen with care and subtlety from a reservoir of living room decorating ideas.
If there's anything in the world of interior design that has changed dramatically over the years, then it has to be the character and style of living rooms. From being a formal space to seat guests, the space has metamorphosed into a room that is full of high-quality furnishings and very interesting finishing touches. From dauntingly high ceilings, imposing wood shutters, immaculate plaster mouldings and antique furniture, today's living rooms are unique and modern spaces that are designed with style, security and comfort in mind. More than just a place to seat and entertain guests, the living room has a very distinctive character and personality. You can enjoy quality time with family, read a book, catch up with the latest in the world of entertainment on the television or even sit back, relax and enjoy the ambience of the space. A living room reflects a contemporary and modern style with the same sophistication and care to detail that is found in the rest of the home. Simply put, even though every single living room is different, they still impress with the same sumptuous levels of comfort and character.
The accessories used to decorate the living room too have undergone a massive change. No more formal sofas and furniture to contend with; today, you can feast your eyes on a fabulous combination of sofas, couches, love seats, chairs, coffee and end tables, ottomans, benches, book shelves and entertainment centres with insanely comfy seats that take you back to the idyllic 70's almost instantly. And when subtle lighting, opulent carpets and rugs, fluffy cushions, designer curtains, glamorous slip covers, impressive paintings and delicate show pieces take centre stage, the drama and style continue unabated.
If you find the pace of modern-day life too overwhelming, then it's time to veer off at just the right trajectory into the residential reverie of an impeccably decorated living room. Don't worry about the method or inspiration you choose, the end result is an antidote to the hectic pace of modern day life. After all, this is truly a cosy retreat that is completely detached from the outside world.
High Specifications; High Impact
Now before you start riffling through swathes of glossy pages, it's important to understand the essential elements of the living room decor. A nuanced understanding of these details will help you suss out fresh and innovative living room decorating ideas:
• What kind of a living room do you want to create? Something Victorian that is redolent of clutter, rich velvet upholstery and unmistakable touches like a Victorian chair? Or is doing away with superfluous flourishes in favour of modern simplicity more your style? An elegant living room with original cornicing and antique furniture framed by hauntingly beautiful modern art is sure worth the effort.
• Marble, tiles or wood - whatever flooring you choose, make sure it is durable and is easy to maintain. • The color of the walls is instrumental in creating a warm and distinctive aura in the room.
• When you have a majestic inlaid dining table and glorious antique furniture, all you need is imposing oil paintings to wrap the space in true magnificence. The writing on the wall is clear - wall art is very important.
• The glow of beautifully restored mahogany can only be complimented by the shimmer of meticulously polished silverware and brass. The decorative items may be small, but their impact is sensational.
Decorating Ideas That Don't Cost a Bomb
Now that you know the basic elements of the living room, you can work wonders with them. But if you feel that the plethora of living room decorating ideas generated by magazines will leave you with depleted finances, then here are a few sizzling ideas that will give you more bangs for your buck:
1. If you have a two-tone color palette, like red and white, then bring in a hint of green, and watch the place come alive. Drapes or cute pillows in different shapes definitely bring in freshness.
2. Add a few style elements in subdued hues - something like a rose-toned quilt on the sofa or an antique-looking trunk in place of the glass-topped coffee table will add softness to the living room decor.
3. Tired at staring at the walls and floors? Throw in a new carpet with shades that match the decor. A fresh coat of paint is the easiest way to decorate and rejuvenate the living room.
4. Slip covers with bold, striking prints are a sure way to make that old sofa come alive.
These are just a few living room decorating ideas to fire your imagination. Now all you need is to make your living room come alive with them.
Article Source: http://www.abcarticledirectory.com
Interested in some really neat kitchen design ideas? Take a look at backsplashideas.weebly.com .
Still Searching? Last Chance to find what you're looking for with a Google Custom Search!
Or.... You can search this site using our Bing Custom Search!
Did You Like/Dislike This Article? Give It YOUR Rating!
Please Rate this Article
5 out of 54 out of 53 out of 52 out of 51 out of 5
No Ratings Yet. Be The First To Rate This Article