Before you start reading this article, I highly encourage you to read my previous article on hostgator mini tutorials. In the first part we discussed how you can login to cPanel, add a new domain to your hostgator account and enable ssh in your hostgator account.
In this article, we will discuss how you can find out the name servers for your account, how you can add subdomain, how you can create an email address and how you can create an FTP account.
Where are my Name Servers?
If you are like me then you will not use HostGator to register a domain name. Hostgator charges more for registering a domain name. So if you have registered a domain through another domain name registrar then you need to know the name servers. Then you need to set the hostgator name servers at your domain name registrar. Name servers are used to convert your domain name URL in to IP address. Machines only understand IP addresses. So name servers are important part of domain hosting.
To find out your name servers, first login to HostGator cPanel. Then scroll down and go to the bottom of the page. Here on the left side panel, under then Account Information section, you will see your Name Servers. Just copy these name servers and paste them in to your domain name registrar's account.
Add a Sub Domain
In the first part, we discussed how you can add a domain to your hostgator account. In this article, we will discuss how you can add a subdomain to your account.
Here are the steps you need to follow to add a subdomain to hostgator.
1) Login to cPanel.
2) Under the domains section, click on subdomains button.
3) Here give the sub domain name and document root. Remember you need to use the same FTP username which you used in creating that domain.
4) Finally, click on create button.
That's it. New sub domain has been created now. Enjoy your new sub domain URL. It might take few hours before sub domains to start working.
Create an Email Address
Now a day, all hosting companies offer email hosting. You don't have to purchase email hosting separately. Here at hostgator also, you will get the email hosting solutions.
To create an email address, you need to use following steps.
1) Login to your hostgator cPanel account.
2) Click on Email accounts button under the Mail section.
3) On this page, give the email name and select the domain for which you want to create the email address. Then enter the password, re-enter the password. Set the mail box quota. You can set it unlimited if you want it. Then click on Create Account button.
That's it. Now the email address has been created.
Create FTP Account
Hostgator offers one default FTP user. The default FTP user name is same as your cPanel user name. If you want to create another FTP account then follow this procedure.
1) Go to your cPanel account.
2) Under the files section, click on FTP accounts button.
3) Enter the FTP user name. Enter the password and re-enter the password. Enter the directory for which you want to assign a FTP user. Set quota and click on Create FTP Account button.
Now your FTP username is created. That's it.
I hope you enjoyed these mini tutorials.
You can use hostgator discount code to get discount while signing up with HostGator. You will also get more information about hostgator on the same blog.
Article Source: http://www.abcarticledirectory.com
If you want to learn more about Hostgator then visit the blog at fernandobarsoum.blogspot.com/ .
Still Searching? Last Chance to find what you're looking for with a Google Custom Search!
Or.... You can search this site using our Bing Custom Search!
Did You Like/Dislike This Article? Give It YOUR Rating!
Please Rate this Article
5 out of 54 out of 53 out of 52 out of 51 out of 5
No Ratings Yet. Be The First To Rate This Article
Powered by ABC Article Directory