1. Vacuum the whole house and dust everything. The dirt falls onto your floors and you can vacuum all over again. You do this only if vacuuming is your favorite thing to do.
2. Throw everything into the washing machine together, especially the fuzzy things in with the non fuzzy. Then you can spend the rest of the day picking lint from the fuzzy items like towels from the rest of the laundry. And, unless you love to spend hours at the ironing board, don’t worry about removing clothes from the dryer as soon as they are dry. Most clothes, now, are permanent press but only if you take them from the dryer as soon as it stops and hang them up.
3. Clean your windows on a sunny day. So if window washing is a fun pastime for you , you can wash your windows twice . The first time to clean the dirt from the glass and the second time to rid the glass of the streaks that formed because the sun made your cleaner dry before you could wipe it away.
4. When vacuuming your floors turn off the brush roller after you switch from carpet to bare floor. Then you can vacuum up the dust you scattered onto the floor because you didn’t turn the roller brush roller off before you switched to bare floors.
5. Do you wash your dishes before you put them in the dishwasher? Great, now the dishwasher can wash them all over again and use electricity and more water doing it. It has been shown by research that it doesn’t get the dishes any cleaner than if you just scrape scraps into the garbage. If you don’t run the dishwasher right away just put them through the rinse cycle. It does help, though, to run a cycle of dishwasher cleaner through the machine occasionally.
6. Scrub tile grout immediately after applying cleaner . Then you can spend the rest of the day scrubbing and scrubbing and scrubbing. Do let tile cleaner sit on the grout for a few minutes before scrubbing. Less scrubbing is needed if the cleaner is allowed to soften and dissolve stains and soap scum.
7. Don’t remove your shoes when coming in from outdoors. That little bit of dirt that is left on your shoes after wiping them on the doormat builds up over time. Then you can hire a professional carpet cleaner more often. Leave a doormat on the outside and another one on the inside to catch the larger loose pieces of dirt.
8. Use a lint roller to clean up pet hair. If there is a lot of hair, the lint roller isn’t enough. A damp rubber glove will amazingly pick up the fuzz in no time. But if you prefer the roller it will entertain you for a long time.
9. And, finally, if housecleaning and scrubbing is fun for you, don’t clean your cleaners. Dirty rags, mops and full vacuum cleaner bags do a lousy job of cleaning, thus making you work harder with little or n o results.
I hope these suggestions are helpful. Like I said, if you really enjoy spending your time cleaning, scrubbing picking and ironing just follow the suggestions above.
Article Source: http://www.abcarticledirectory.com
Katy Beacher is a retired registered nurse caring for an ailing spouse. She decided its more fun to run a web site and write articles than it is to sit and knit. She relies on her lifetime experience in home decorating on a budget and study of trends to operate her site. She loves animals and is interested in marine life. www.endlesscoastaldecor.com
Still Searching? Last Chance to find what you’re looking for with a Google Custom Search!
Did You Like/Dislike This Article? Give It YOUR Rating!
Please Rate this Article
5 out of 54 out of 53 out of 52 out of 51 out of 5
No Ratings Yet. Be The First To Rate This Article
Powered by Nuvio Templates