ABC Article Directory banner displaying blue butterfly logo. Click to go directly to the main Homepage


The Empty Nest Syndrome – Serving a Steady Market in the Digital Age






     Empty nesters, particulary in the baby boomer generation, represent a huge market in the digital marketing world. These include men and women, but more particularly the women, who have kids that leave their home for an important stage of their lives. The look and feel of a barren nest is where the term comes from.
It is true that every parent is prone to the empty nest syndrome. It is a feeling of loneliness that guardians, mothers, and fathers feel whenever a child leaves their home. It happens in different stages of their lives. One such moment is when a child leaves the house for college or perhaps to get married.
In spite of sounding ominous, the empty nest syndrome is not actually a medical condition. However, the effects of these feelings may lead to a sense of loss or in worse cases depression. A lot of anxiety comes over people when it happens.
However, the empty nest syndrome is does not center on the empty feeling of being alone for the first time in your life. It also brings feelings of change, new freedoms, and self examination. It also brings a new mind set to baby boomer moms. The mix of positive and negative changes is a great opportunity for online marketers.
The Size of the Market
When dealing with empty nesters, you’re looking at an entire generation of people who have been around for the past 20 years. A huge portion of the consumer spending of this population is controlled by its female population. About 80% of that belongs to the women and the remaining 20% is spending made by the men in that group. The demographic for this group involves men and women between the ages of 45 and 60.
Working with the Empty Nester Market
Statistics show that the most significant impact of thie aforementioned condition on people is not the sadness or loneliness felt inside the house. The bigger thing on the minds of every boomer is the fact that they have a huge chunk of their time in their hands. They have this new sense of freedom that they haven’t had in a long time.
For online marketers, this means that they can custom tailor their products to serve this need. They can do that by marketing products that nurture, emphasize relational aspects, or renewed romance for the significant other. The cruise industry has catered to the market by creating products that appeal to couples who now have more time for one another.
Another online marketing approach is to custom tailor products that help to relieve separation anxiety. Research shows that another huge market for interactive cellphones include boomer moms and dads.
Yet another marketing approach is to create an opportunity for people in this generation to find support among themselves. We’re not just talking about social media here, though it is part of the overall strategy. There are other opportunities that digital marketers can use.
Actual events, camps, meetups, and conferences have become powerful marketing tools. An example of which are women’s summits that are sponsored by different companies. These conferences allow baby boomers to find the support they need.
The number of people experiencing empty nest syndrome represents a steady market. There will always be people who will need these products and services. Thus, online marketing opportunities will be there for a long time.






Article Source: http://www.abcarticledirectory.com

Steve Greenhalgh, is an expert when it comes to Digital Marketing, Mentoring, Working To Help People Build An Online Business. To find out everything about Digital Marketing, and Online Business Opportunities, visit his website at sgreenhalgh.com.


Posted on 2015-01-30, By: *

* Click on the author’s name to view their profile and articles!!!


Note: The content of this article solely conveys the opinion of its author.


Animated RSS Symbol for the ABC Article Directory rss category feed … Get Every New Family Article Delivered Instantly!



Facebook Comments


” data-width=”470″ data-num-posts=”10″>




Cartoon image of a figure holding a magnifying glass looking for articles in the ABC Article Directory

Still Searching? Last Chance to find what you’re looking for with a Google Custom Search!



Custom Search

Or…. You can search this site using our Bing Custom Search!

Bing




Did You Like/Dislike This Article? Give It YOUR Rating!

Please Rate this Article

No Ratings Yet. Be The First To Rate This Article





Privacy Policy and Terms of Service Contact Us

User published content is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License
.
Increase your website traffic with Attracta.com


ABOUT SSL CERTIFICATES
Date:


Powered by Nuvio Templates