Child care centres offer care for children while their parents are away. Every centre offers different things to children in relation to their budget. For instance, some centres will have more activities than others.
However, there are ten important things that you should expect from any day care regardless of their budget:
1. Your Child’s Safety – Any child care center is supposed to be very safe. Safety measures should be taken seriously to ensure children staying at the centre don’t suffer any harm. Such safety measures include: child proofing electrical sockets, barricading stairways, use of safe and well-maintained equipment, and storing sharp objects such as knives away from children’s reach. Safety precautions like using safety seats and seat belts should also be applied if children have to travel.
2. Acceptance Of Parent’s Wishes – Each parent has a different way of raising their child. Child care centres should strive to fulfil the parents’ wishes. For instance, children should only eat the food their parents wish them to eat while they are at the centre, or the kids should participate in activities approved by their parents.
3. No Interference In The Child’s Family – Child care providers should never talk to children about their family issues. They should only focus on taking care of the child.
4. No Surprises – Your care provider should never inform you suddenly that they will no longer provide the service. Instead, they should inform you early enough about their plans so you can prepare your child to go to another care provider.
5. Open Communication – Care providers should always notify parents on their children’s progress. Parents should be notified about the activities their children have difficulty performing and those that they are good at. How children behave and how they respond to different situations should also be reported to parents.
6. Assurance Of Trustworthy People – Large centres usually have many people. A parent with a child at such a centre should be assured that the staff is trustworthy. Information on each staff member should be provided to parents. Thorough screening should be carried out on each staff member before being hired, to ensure that children are safe.
7. Parenting Practices Should Never Be Judged – Every parent has a different approach on parenting. How they raise their children is none of the care provider’s business. They should never try to advise parents on parenting practices.
8. Honesty And Confidence – Providers should only promise things they are able to do. Information on your child is confidential and should never be given to anyone unless you give a go ahead.
9. Access – Parents should be allowed to visit or contact the centre at any time. Such parents would be at peace when they do so, as they are able to check on the progress of their children.
10. Advance Notice Of Changes – Parents should be informed early about any changes that are about to take place, if they are going to affect the children’s care. This gives them enough time to enrol their children to alternative centres if need be.
If you find a child care centre with all these aspects, most likely you would have found the best place for your child.
Article Source: http://www.abcarticledirectory.com
Child Care Center Beacon Hill is a certified child care centre. Your child will be well taken care of throughout his/her stay. You can expect the best child care services. We encourage parents to visit here and learn more about our dedicated service.
Still Searching? Last Chance to find what you’re looking for with a Google Custom Search!
Or…. You can search this site using our Bing Custom Search!
Did You Like/Dislike This Article? Give It YOUR Rating!
Please Rate this Article
5 out of 54 out of 53 out of 52 out of 51 out of 5
No Ratings Yet. Be The First To Rate This Article
Powered by Nuvio Templates